Friday, March 15, 2013

Beauty and the Beast "Any Means Possible": A Girl Has To Do, What A Girl Has To Do

I think Beauty and the Beast is on to something with Any Means Possible as this week as the episode really made great use of what the series has set up for itself. Any Means Possible showed that Batb can survive without love triangles and the weak crime mystery plots. Any Means Possible showed us the relationship between Vincent and Catherine, when used right, is strong enough to hold a plot together. In addition to the whole hunt for the vigilante thing. I also love the new character, Gabe Lowen (Sendhil Ramamurthy) brought into the Batb universe, and I look forward to seeing how he plays out and affects the series.

So Any Means Possible starts off with a steamy dream sequence (yes it's just a dream), and it soon turns into a nightmare when Vincent sees himself lose control. He wakes up and the real Cat walks in wanting to hang out during the day. After some appreciation for Vincent's shirtless state on Cat's part (and the fans too), Vincent begins making excuses about being busy and Catherine knows he is lying. Like any girl, she rages about her problems to friend and runs into a man who accidentally walked into the ladies change room (talk about awkward). Cat even talks to Tess about it, and discovers that the man she met in the change room is actually the new DA. Cat soon finds out that there is a task force being put together to go after Vincent, and goes to warn him. They soon decide to track down a witness that could clear Vincent's name, and set out to convince him to tell the truth.

Now I found myself enjoying Any Means Possible more than I thought I would. As a fan of VinCat myself, I enjoyed the scenes between Catherine and Vincent as they work out the kinks in their new relationship. I am also glad that Batb didn't let the little things come between these two and not end it there. Cause that would not be cool. I also love the devotion Catherine has for Vincent, and her willingness to help him no matter what. Even if it means her faking evidence or leading him into an abandoned gallery. Furthermore, Catherine and Vincent working together was just completely bad ass as they worked together in sync and had each other's back. Especially that one scene in the gallery. As for the new character of Gabe Lowen, I like the mystery surrounding him, and how we don't know exactly what his game is. In addition to how much he really knows. Oh that is going to be fun to explore.

Now with all the positives it doesn't hide the negatives of Any Means Possible. Once again Batb felt the need to play around with the "I'm not good for you" thing with Vincent, and made the character put some distance between him and Cat. After all they have been though, he wants to push her away? Can't Vincent be happy for a bit? I do have to keep in mind that all good things comes to an end. It doesn't mean I can't be frustrated by it. Next, much as I love Evan's character development with the whole Murfield, oh wait no I don't, but anyways, I felt that his character was a bit whiny this week. Evan is usually cool like, but now a begging mess for Murfield's attention. Speaking of awkward, walking into the wrong change room, wow. Although it was nice to see the shoe on the other foot. Finally, I am still tired of the Tess character, so Batb, please give Catherine a new bff and partner. PLEASE.

So some great development in the VinCat department this week in Any Means Possible. I am hoping this will set the standard for the rest of Batb (With the exception of Tess), and make watching Batb even better. I would like to make a shout out about Catherine's dress this week, which was just fantastic, so well done Batb prop department. Everything about the outfit was so beautiful. Looking forward to seeing who this Lowen really is. Welcome back Beauty and the Beast from hiatus!

What did you think of Gabe Lowen? Do you think Catherine needs a new partner?

No comments:

Post a Comment